Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Ask Jesus Christ.

"Shall I go and take control of one of the towns in Judah?" "Yes.", the Lord answered. "Which one?" David asked. "Hebron.", the Lord said. So David went to Hebron taking with him his two wives: Ahinoam, who was from Jezrel, and Abigail, Nabal's widow who was from Carmel. He also took his men and their families, and they settled in the town around Hebron and anointed David as king of Judah." -2Samuel 2:1-4

Revelation:

1. David asked the Lord.
"Shall I go and take control of one of the towns of Judah?" -2Samuel 2:1a
  • He consulted the Lord.
  • He didn't do his own decision.
  • He became dependent on the Lord.
2. The Lord answered.
"Yes.", the Lord answered.
"Call to Me, and I will answer you. I will tell you wonderful and miraculous things you know nothing about." - Jeremiah 33:3
  • He hears us. (how can He answer our prayers if he isn't listening?)
  • The Lord cares. (He is more than willing to give us the right path and direction, if we are just listening.)
3. David took his family with him.
"So David went to Hebron taking with him his two wives: Ahinoam, who was from Jezrel, and Abigail, Nabal's widow who was from Carmel. He also took his men and their families."
  • David didn't serve his God alone.
  • David was with his family.
Joshua 25:15b says, "but as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord."

4. David was anointed.
Then the men of Judah came to Hebron and anointed David as king of Judah."
  • David asked God.
  • David surrendered to God.
  • David depended on God.
  • David obeyed God.
God's reward to David:
  • From being a shepherd, David was made king of Israel and the greatest leader.
  • The Lord has defeated his enemies.
  • The Lord gave him victories over his enemies.
  • David was kept safe and tenth of his family.
  • God has been a good provider to them.
  • He never leaved them nor forsake them.
  • God made a promise that even after David's death, He will be with David's entire family.
  • God promised that David's kingdom will last forever.

One of the best thing about being God's servant is the thought of serving the King of all Kings. There are a lot of people better than me and you but hey, isn't it great to know that He chooses us? Serving Him will never be a burden, it is a blessing and privilege at the same time. I know I am not worthy to be call His servant but through Him and His grace, in my nothingness, by faith I know He will use me.

Dear God, I know I am not worthy to be call Your child, and with all humility dear Father, I am offering You my life, let this life that You have given me honor You for as long as You want. Give me the courage Lord God to stand firm in Your righteousness and I pray Abba Father that whenever people will see me, they will see You and how awesome is Your love for me. I love You Father. In the sweetest name of my Lord and savior Jesus Christ, I pray, Amen.

No comments: