Thursday, December 22, 2011

With God's Blessing


While browsing, I've found a video in youtube of a simple marriage proposal but really sweet. hope you guys enjoy the video as much as I did.

For several days, I've been wanting to put an entry about marriage. Oh, all right, been thinking about it for a week now. How could I not? My facebook wall has been flooded by posts of different pre-nup photos and videos and marriage proposal and a lot more. How could I not be affected of that?

When I was a child, one of my weirdest dream was to become Nick Carter's wife. haha. That's one of the best thing about being a child, you can dream even the most impossible one without being pessimist that it might not come true. I don't give much attention to the details of the wedding as long as my groom is none other than Nick Carter. But of course, I grew up and realization hits me that I cannot marry the guy because he is unreachable.

And now that I have turned 24, what would I want for my wedding? Honestly? Still no idea. I wanted to get married, yes, but I think it wasn't for me. I really don't know. I have this feeling that I will be aging without someone beside me. I am not worried though, but I will be sad in any case that it will really happen.

Being a product of a broken family, for many years I have longed for a complete one. I envy my classmates and friends who has a mother that would always prepare their food, always check on them, and a father who would get into fights if ever his daughter would cry. I envy those things. And so I promised myself that if ever God will allow me to get married, I wouldn't let my children experience what I have gone through. I promised to give them a family that they will forever treasure.

I do not want to sound churchy but one of my prayer is this: I am not asking God to make me a millionaire, I just wanted to have a simple family, and that family will serve Him. I am excited to see my children in their ministries, while me and their daddy are in the ministries as well. I am excited to see us, the whole family, as we attend the Sunday Service together. I am excited for all of that. The only hope I have now, is the hope that God will honor the desires of my heart.

No comments: